Pedagogical projects and awards
Pedagogical development is a continuous process at ICM, both as part of our regular activities and as development projects supported by external funding. Here are some examples of such pedagogical projects:
"A unified track with clear progression for academic writing in the Master programme in Biology" (Sanna Koskiniemi, Brita Svensson, TUFF 2022) TUFF: Teknisk-naturvetenskapliga fakultetens universitetspedagogiska förnyelsefond, delas ut av Teknisk-naturvetenskapliga fakultetens universitetspedagogiska råd, TUR.
"Critical reading of scientific literature - learning outcomes, teaching, and examination" (Maria Selmer, Erik Holmqvist, Andrea Hinas, TUFF 2022)
- “Video Manual of Molecular Biology” (Suparna Sanyal, Project grants for educational development of digitized education, PUDU, Uppsala University 2020)
- "Digitisation of molecular biology and genetics labs during and after the pandemic" (Andrea Hinas, Fredrik Söderbom, Project grants for educational development of digitized education, PUDU, Uppsala University 2020)
- "From molecular statistical mechanics to molecular simulations: Strengthing the link between theory and practice" (Hugo Gutierrez de Teran, TUFF 2016).
- "Studentaktiverande moment och progression på kursen Molekylärbiologi och Genetik II" (Andrea Hinas, Benjamin Holmgren, TUFF 2016)
- "Studentaktiverande åtgärder för att minska gapet mellan utbildning och arbete" (Marvin Seibert, Anna Munke, TUFF 2016
ICM teachers who have received pedagogical awards or been appointed as excellent teachers:
- Suparna Sanyal: Distinguished university teacher 2022
- Fredrik Söderbom: Distinguished university teacher 2021, Pekpinnen, Biologiska ämnesrådets (BÄR) pedagogical prize 2017
- Jan Andersson: Distinguished university teacher 2020
- Staffan Svärd: Distinguished university teacher 2013, Pedagogical award in Mathematics, Science and Technology 2009
- Gerhart Wagner: Distinguished university teacher 2013