The research in my group is focused on symbiotic bacteria that live inside eukaryotic cells. Our main interests are finding out how these associations affect genome evolution, determine genetic factors involved in host interactions and explore the diversity of symbiotic bacteria in nature. We mostly use genomics together with comparative genome analyses in order to answer these questions.
- Kostas Bourtzis, University of Western Greece, Greece
- Siv Andersson, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Wolfgang Miller, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Yuval Gottlieb-Dror, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Olle Terenius, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
- Julie Dunning-Hotopp, IGS, University of Maryland School of Medicine, USA